Information We Collect
a. Personal Information
Personal information is any information recorded in any form that identifies or can identify You as an individual and includes any information provided to Us by You in using Our Website, Apps and Functionalities ("Personal Information"). This may include certain account and user profile information that You provide to Us in creating your account, such as an individual's name, home address (and other mailing addresses), phone number, email address, and geo-location (with respect to Third Party Contractors).
b. Non-Personal Information
Non-Personal Information ("Non-Personal Information") is any information that is not Personal Information. Non-Personal Information includes business information, business telephone number, business address, and any other information that is anonymous or that is aggregated in such a manner that it cannot be connected to You. The Website and Apps use certain technologies that are designed to monitor their performance and to enhance their usability. When You view ads from Our advertisers, We may collect usage information about your viewing of the advertisements. None of the foregoing by itself or together can be tracked to a specific individual's Personal Information.
c. Automatic Collection of Information
We automatically collect and record information from You each time You use the Apps, Website and Functionalities. While some of this information may be Personal Information, typically it is Non-Personal Information.
- Device Information - We may collect some information from Your device which includes error reporting and general usage statistics. We may also collect information about the device make/model/ID, operating system version, app name, app version, and time stamps. We use this information for security purposes and to improve the Website, Apps and Funcationalities, as well as to determine user insight in their use.
- Location Information - As a condition of providing Contractor Services, Third Party Contrators' precise location data must be provided to Us via the App for Third Party Contractors. Once that App has permission to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system, We will collect the precise location of the Third Party Contractors' device when the App is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive the Third Party Contractors' approximate location from their IP Address (defined below).
- Cookies and IP Addresses -
- Some browsers have recently implemented a "private browsing mode," designed to protect privacy, and which may delete some cookies when a browsing session has ended. You may also choose browser settings that reject the use of some cookies. While You may still visit and use the Website while restricting acceptance of cookies or using private browsing modes, it is possible that certain areas of Our Website or services may not function properly.
- Google Analytics - We use Google Analytics to track information about visits to the Website, including to compile statistical reports about the activity on the Website. This information is used by Us to improve the Website and the Functionalities. This data may be used to show you advertising on any Google or Google affiliated website.
- Ionic Analytics - We use Ionic Analytics to track information about visits to the Apps, including to compile statistical reports about the activity on the Apps. This information is used by Us to improve the Apps and the Functionalities.
- Log Files - Other information passively collected by Us is in the form of logs - files that record website activity and gather statistics about web users' browsing habits. These entries help Us determine (among other things) how many and how often users have visited Our Website, which pages they have visited, and other similar data. We may use the log file entries for Our internal traffic and demographic studies, so We can constantly improve the online services We provide You. Log files are used internally only, and are not associated with any particular user, computer, or browser.
Why do we use Your Personal Information?
We may collect, use and/or disclose Your Personal Information (sometimes in combination with Your Non-Personal Information) for various business purposes, including to:
- fulfill, and confirm or reject, end-user requests to receive Contractor Services from Third Party Contractors;
- send You reminders and providing notifications of cancellations or changes regarding requests and/or fulfillment of Contractor Services;
- otherwise facilitate transactions between Third Party Contractors and those persons who have requested Contractor Services;
- show Third Party Contractor's the geo-location of requests for Contractor Services;
- send You new service or product information;
- establish, administer and maintain responsible commercial relations and to communicate with Our end-users in order to provide service;
- communicate with You regarding billing, advertising, promotion and account verification;
- permit Stripe, our payment processor, to provide payment processing services;
- collect and store limited parts of Your payment information (such as a part of a credit card number, or a part of your billing address) in order to record transactions and to prevent fraud;
- respond to any correspondence You may direct to Us;
- understand Our customers and users needs and preferences;
- direct advertisements to You about goods and services of interest to You;
- establish Your identification;
- verify some of the information You give Us;
- manage, administer, collect or otherwise enforce accounts;
- protect You and Us from error and fraud;
- meet the requirements of applicable law, governmental or regulatory authority or other law enforcement purposes; and
- for any other reasonable purposes for which You may have provided Your express consent or in which Your consent can be reasonably implied.
Storage of Data in Other Jurisdictions Outside of Canada
Personal Information and Non-Personal Information You submit will be transferred to, processed on, and stored on, some of our business partners' and/or affiliates' servers, which are located outside of Canada. These service providers are located outside of Canada (e.g., in the United States of America) and, as a result, your Personal Information may be stored, processed or transferred into or out of these countries. We take all reasonable measures and precautions to protect Your Personal Information when it is being handled by Our service providers. If You wish to obtain more information on Our use of service providers and our policies and practices regarding such service providers, please contact us as set forth below.
By submitting your Personal Information, You acknowledge and agree that, as a result, non-Canadian foreign governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of Your information in compliance with their jurisdictions' laws, rules, regulations or court orders.
We respect your privacy and, unless otherwise required by law, We will not collect, use or disclose your Personal Information without your prior consent. Your consent may be expressed or implied. You may expressly give your consent in writing, verbally or through any electronic means. In certain circumstances, your consent may be implied by your actions. For example, providing Us with Your Personal Information to set-up an account is implied consent to use such information in order to enable You to use the Functionalities.
Where appropriate, We will generally seek consent for the use or disclosure of the information at the time of collection. In certain circumstances, consent with respect to use or disclosure may be sought after the information has been collected but before use (for example, when We want to use information for a purpose other than those identified above). In obtaining consent, We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that a user is advised of the identified purposes for which Personal Information collected will be used or disclosed.
You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. In order to withdraw consent, You must provide notice to Us in writing.
How and when do We use and disclose Your Personal Information?
We may use or disclose Your Personal Information:
- for any additional purposes for which We have obtained Your consent to the use or disclosure of Your Personal Information.
We may also use or disclose your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent where We are permitted or required by applicable law.
- Agents, Contractors, Suppliers:
- Business Transaction; Protection of Our Interests:
- We may share Your Personal Information to lenders, financers, investors, collection agents, counterparties to agreements, and others having or potentially engaging in business relations with Us.
- We may share Your Personal Information where necessary to protect our interests or in the event of a sale or transfer of all or part of Our business.
- For example, disclosure may also be necessary in order to detect or prevent fraud, in connection with a merger with another entity; to insure or securitize our assets, or to engage in another form of corporate or financing transaction.
Retention; Editing Your Personal Information
We will retain Personal Information for only as long as required to fulfill the identified purposes or as required by law. Personal information that is longer required to fulfill the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous according to the guidelines and procedures established by Us.
If You wish to request that We edit or no longer use Your information, please contact Us at email@example.com.
How can I Access and/or Correct my Personal Information?
Upon request, We will provide information to You regarding the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information and You shall be given access to that information. You may challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
NOTE: In certain circumstances, We may not be able to provide access to all of Your Personal Information. Exceptions may include information that is prohibitively costly to provide, information that contains references to other individuals, information that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, or information that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege. We will provide the reasons for denying access upon request.
Third Party Links:
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of Personal Information in Our custody and control. We have Personal Information retention processes designed to retain Personal Information for no longer than necessary for the purposes stated above or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
We encrypt API calls (communication between the mobile apps and the servers) and credit card data while information is being transmitted over the Internet using Secure Socket Layer protocol (SSL). The financial information that You enter to purchase Services is not stored by Us in full, but is retained and stored by Stripe (our payment processing vendor) for the purpose of processing the credit card payment. We only retain a limited portion of such information.
You acknowledge and agree that We cannot ensure the security or privacy of information and/or content You provide through the Internet, and you hereby release Us from any and all liability in connection with the use of such content by other parties, and for any interruptions, intrusions, errors, loss of data or any other interferences with the use of the Website, App or Functionalities by a breach of security.
How to Contact Us
In compliance with Canadian law, if You have any questions, comments or complaints about how We use Your information, please contact Our Privacy Officer.
Contact: Privacy Officer
Via mail: Dwellness Corporation, 205 Augusta Avenue, Toronto, ON M5T 2L4
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via Phone: 416-570-7909